The Resource Assisted dying : who makes the final choice?
- Assisted dying : who makes the final choice?
- Title remainder
- who makes the final choice?
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Lesley Close and Jo Cartwright ; foreword by Terry Pratchett
- The latest developments in the arguments for and against assisted dying, with a foreword by Terry PratchettAssisted dying is perhaps one of the most divisive issues of the modern age, generating endless headlines and moral debates. Published in conjunction with the organization Dignity in Dying, this important book provides a forum for expert commentators in a variety of fields, including religion and medicine, to explore whether the most humane response to the torment and helplessness of certain severely incapacitated individuals is to assist them in their wish to die. This collection is edited by two proponents of greater choice at the end of life, and all the contributors support the need to change the law. Starting from a position that the current legal situation is untenable, detailed case studies shed light on the negative consequences of the current state of the law which forbids assisted dying, and the lack of choices offered to dying people who are suffering intolerably at the moment. The book's case studies punctuate chapters, written by a variety of authors, about different aspects of the subject: these chapters attempt to address the concerns raised by the case studies
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Freading eBooks
- Target audience
ContextContext of Assisted dying : who makes the final choice?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Assisted dying : who makes the final choice?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.epl.ca/resource/rHKYboo-ODY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.epl.ca/resource/rHKYboo-ODY/">Assisted dying : who makes the final choice?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.epl.ca/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.epl.ca/">Edmonton Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Edmonton Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...